Monday, November 21, 2005

Reflections

Thinking about my past, i feel i have been extremely lucky (do i believe in luck? well i'll talk about it later). i have had a great childhood, lovely parents, who incidently are both university professors, a caring bro, i did well in school, got into IIT in first attempt with a great rank, even cleared CAT and am here at IIM... but... probably grass is greener on the other side...
school days are lost into past but IIT is still fresh into my memory...

At IIT, in First year, we were alloted a triple seated room. hmmm... i wouldn't say cool, but nice roomies... one guy named M. Kartik Narayanan, a tamalian the other Vivekanand Kumar.. both of them hard working and studious. but my company, as i am, was made up of people who used to chill and enjoy... to name a few, Naresh Ranvah (i call him nulls) Devashish Mittal (called debo), Siddharth Sharma aka sid, AR kiran (we called him Munna coz of his habit of remembering home often), then there were HKD, Hati, Satti, Loney, Dheela, Gandi, Chitra, bala... seems i had been blessed with a whole bunch of GOD's
years went by, we changed rooms, we changed wings, we passed courses, we learnt new games... Fete, Hostel Night and various competitions were there to keep me busy...

My local guardians need a special mention. they got transferred to Chennai just a few days before i reached IIT M (I got lucky again!!) and what a family... it was and still is a second home for me.

Then it happened...
my final year project(i'll write about this sometime later) was finally over and it was time to leave. i had a call from IIM lucknow... and i came to Lucknow...
Spencer, Besent Nagar Beach, Esphani centre, CCD, GRT, my campus, Tanu, shweta, mausiji, hostel mates, chennai... all are still with me...

coming to terms with reality, here i am, in my second term, struggling with variuos courses, trying to figure out why i am here, what i am doing here, what i plan to get out of here, what lies ahead of me... life seems a puzzle... several links are missing

i cant possibly cover my life in a single blog, further glimpses of my past will follow...

1 Comments:

Blogger $@tt! said...

knock! knock! anybody home? i think i know someone here, in the reflections of whom, i share a lil part of mine too:), if u think otherwise go ahead prove me wrong;)

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home